Wednesday 9 March 2011

How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

When constructing the music video, the digi pack and the advertisement I used two main pieces of software. These were Final Cut and Photoshop. Before I could use these though I recorded my footage with digital video cameras, sometimes using three at a time to keep things in sync. I also used the fig rig to get steady hand held shots which were useful when it came to editing. I used a HD camera which had a slow motion feature on it. The green screen was very useful as I was able to then put anything in the background of the performers.

Using Final Cut was hard at first but became very simple after a while. Using tools such as the blade and the pen (as seen above) and putting on effects like the chromer key which was used for the greenscreen shots. Photoshop also became much easier to use after a little while. Making each object a different layer was very helpful as things could be moved, changed or deleted without affecting any other part of the product. A useful website that I used was www.dafont.com. This has thousands of different fonts that you can download giving me much more choice of fonts when writing of the ancillary tasks.

..............................................

The first image is the Photoshop Tool Bar used to edit the various aspects of the digi pack and advertisement.

The second image of the different layers used for the advertisement.

2 comments:

  1. is the first photo relevant?
    make 'dafont' a separate point within this post, makes it look like you wrote more (but shh... you didn't hear it from me ;-) ...)

    ReplyDelete